Ramps open late evening September 8
Select entrance and exit ramps from I-70 and Turner Diagonal Freeway will reopen to the public on Sept. 8. Ramps that will reopen include:
• Ramp from eastbound I-70 to southbound Turner Diagonal Freeway,
• Ramp from eastbound I-70 to northbound Turner Diagonal Freeway – traffic will be
diverted to westbound I-70,
• Ramp from westbound I-70 to southbound Turner Diagonal Freeway,
• Ramp from northbound Turner Diagonal/College Parkway to westbound I-70,
• Ramp from northbound Turner Diagonal Freeway/College Parkway to eastbound
I-70 access to northbound Turner Diagonal/College Parkway, north to State Avenue will remain closed, and vehicles are encouraged to exit at 57th or 78th Street. Detour routes will be marked. Turner Diagonal/College Parkway southbound will also remain closed at State Avenue.
The ongoing construction to the north of I-70 on Turner Diagonal/College Parkway will add a new intersection at Tauromee Avenue. These improvements are being completed as part of the construction of the Turner Logistics Center by NorthPoint Development and is not associated with ongoing construction of the Turner Diagonal interchange. Construction at this location is anticipated to be complete in early October.
The ramp closures were necessary to complete the demolition of the Turner Diagonal Freeway bridges and construction of the diverging diamond interchange over I-70.